I love revamping my morning routine. So many bloggers post tips and tricks on how to have an awesome morning. From beauty routines to mediation, it seems easy to change up how you start your day. For those of you looking for a little change, try switching out your coffee for this matcha tea below!
Matcha is the new coffee. I am not even kidding- celebs are trading in their Grande Iced Coffee for a healthier, earthier option: matcha. If you like trendy things, healthy things, green things, matcha is for you! Basically, matcha is the leaf of green tea that you would normally drink in a tea pouch. They makers then grind the leaves down to a powder that you can mix into anythingggggg. Literally anything! I mix it with coconut milk, water, yogurt, like anything guys. The health benefits are insane too. Matcha has so many antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, slows the growth of cancer cells (some scientist claim), and boosts your metabolism. To add to that, this stuff has 3x the amount of caffeine than those tea pouches you use, relaxes your bod, detoxes (neeed more detox in my life), and provides vitamin C, zinc, and magnesium. So basicallllyyyyyy DRINK THIS STUFF.
I am huge into adding stuff to my already healthy stuff so that I am getting more bang for my buck. I add cinnamon to everything. I also put in turmeric powder (helps with inflammation) and maca powder (add this literally to anything for a little energy boost or when you’re PMSing) into my tea. The maca can be added to anything you eat. Its super good in smoothies, or if you can’t get away from that coffee every morning, start adding some of this for mood balance and skin benefits.
*Side note- matcha from these huge corporations AKA STARBUCKS might not be the same matcha that I am recommending. A lot of these big coffee shops add tons of sugar and syrups and milk to their drinks that it kind of defeats the whole purpose of drinking this: health benefits. Make this at home so that you know what you are putting into your body.
Matcha Tea + some other stuff:
1/2 tsp Matcha Tea (ceremonial grade)
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Maca Powder (this can change depending on the effects you want)
Coconut milk (for latte)
Hot water (for tea)
Local Honey (optional)
- Heat your water
- Put the matcha powder into the cup you are going to use for your drink. Make sure there are no chucks or else its super hard to break up once you start the next step.
- Once water is warm, fill about 1/4 of the cup with water. Whisk this into a paste.
- If you are going to add cinnamon, turmeric, and/or maca, add a little splash more of water. Mix in the ingredients you are adding. Whisk.
- Choose to make a matcha tea or a matcha latte.
- If making a latte, warm your milk. If making tea, use the warm water you already have.
- Pour milk or water over top of the paste. Mix well.
- Enjoy all of the health benefits your about to feel!
- p.s. it may be frothy whether or not you use water or coconut milk because of the paste texture.
I hope you all give this a try! If you want to see more healthy recipes like this (maybe kale chips:) comment below or give this post a thumbs up! Thanks for all of the support!